I offer psychotherapy to individuals, couples, and families, in English or in Spanish, and would welcome you to my practice. My approach is client-centered in that I believe that people, with support, can gain awareness to heal themselves or to solve the problems in their lives. You may feel unhappy, frustrated, anxious, or depressed, and seek more control over yourself, and your life. You may wish to feel closer to your partner, or more connected to others in general. You may seek to reduce family conflict. Or you may be facing a major life transition, and seek support in handling change, or in making decisions. I work with people in various ways:
- I use EMDR and other somatic approaches to help individuals heal from the effects of past trauma.
- I work with coupes to reduce conflict and to restore connection.
- I support families in changing their interaction patterns in order to provide rewards, security, dignity, and responsibility to each member.
- I support individuals in solving issues such as depression, anxiety, addictions, anger, and other difficult thoughts, emotions, and behaviors.
- I help parents decide effective parenting strategies, whether they live together or separately.
- I work with parents who strive to keep children out of the middle of adult conflict, and who strive to motivate children’s responsible decision-making.
I hold an M.S. degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from the University of Maryland, College Park, and am licensed as a Marriage and Family Therapist in Maryland. My work with couples is influenced by Imago, narrative, and emotionally focused approaches. I work from a systems perspective with couples and families, including Bowen family systems. My background includes experience working as a mediator with separated parents to solve custody issues.
You may contact me by calling 301-428-3557, or by sending me an email.